Wednesday 19 May 2010

Visit to Doncaster: Graham Firth's exhibition

I was very pleased that I managed to get myself down to Doncaster to catch Graham Firth's retrospective exhibition of prints at the Doncaster Museum & Art Gallery. Graham is Doncaster's artist of the year and also taught me lithography back in 1993. He came to Hole Editions in the summer of 2008 and produced seven lithographs. These were featured in the exhibition along side his juicy lino cuts and screen prints. Also on show were some of his sketch books and lino blocks, fantastic to see.

Graham kindly gave me a tour of the new(ish) printmaking facility in The Hub at Doncaster College. The press he taught me on is still in working order, although as Graham pointed out, the levigator has led a full life and needs to be put to pasture.







No comments:

Post a Comment